CAMP IN GAME DESIGN 2019
Place of Study: ITMO University
Duration: 3 weeks (July 15 – August 4 2019. The dates are to be confirmed after January 20, 2019)
Outcome: Practical skills and experience in game development; ITMO official certificate, 6 ECTS credits
Deadline: April 14, 2019; May 15, 2019*
Fees: € 450
The camp in Game Design is aimed at students and young scientists interested in digital game development. The program covers a variety of topics, including:
- Project management in the game industry
- Game design
- Game development technologies
- Game development marketing
The camp is carried out in cooperation with the leading game companies such as Nival and Wargaming and provides students with a unique opportunity for professional and personal growth. Participants of the camp in Game Design 2019 will also be invited to participate in the VK fest held annually in St. Petersburg.
The camp’s program consists of three parts:
- Lectures conducted by the highly-skilled specialists in the IT field
- Visits to leading game companies such as Nival and Wargaming
- Individual and team research projects
- Excursions and tours around St. Petersburg
- VK fest
- Bachelor’s degree (3rd year and above), Master’s and PhD students in STEM fields, in particular, ICT and Programming;
- Knowledge of standard data structures and algorithms, programming skills in C ++ / C # / Java;
- Ability to use mathematical packages and data processing languages (Python / R / MathCAD / MatLab);
- Upper-intermediate knowledge of English;
- Graphic engines and/or a portfolio featuring your own game development plan will be an advantage.
Bonuses for Camp Graduates
- Preference in admission to the Double Master’s degree program in Big Data and Extreme Computing conducted in English in cooperation with the University of Amsterdam.
- Preference in admission to the Master’s degree program in Game Development conducted in Russian.
- Prospects for participation in game development projects after admission to ITMO University.
- May 15, 2019 - for citizens of the EU, Denmark, Norway, China, India, Japan, Iran, Latin America, and Iceland;
- April 14, 2019 - for citizens of all other countries.
International Admission Office